Here you can get country wise and city wise complete list of Hospitals in Bridgend - Wales in United Kingdom. We have provided Top Hospitals list of Bridgend - Wales in United Kingdom (UK) here along with their address and Phone number. ( Page# 1 )
Princess of Wales Hospital
The Princess of Wales Hospital is a district general hospital within the Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust. Opened in 1985, the Hospital is located on the outskirts of Bridgend town in South Wales, and provides modern, purpose-built accommodation for the provision of acute health services to the local population of approximately 160,000 people.
Services Centred mainly in the County Borough of Bridgend, services at the Hospital also extend to the Western Vale of Glamorgan in the east and to the County Borough of Neath Port Talbot in the west. Certain specialist services are provided to a much wider catchment population eg, Treatment Centres provide care for patients throughout Wales, and in the case of the Pulsed Dye Laser and Cochlear Implant Programme, for patients much further afield. The Princess of Wales Hospital is one of the most modern hospitals in Wales. The Hospital provides a comprehensive range of acute surgery and medicine for patients of all ages, including inpatient, outpatient and day services. The above services are offered within facilities which include:
- Accident and Emergency Services
- Emergency and elective surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Neonatal Unit
- Paediatric Services
- Acute Mental Health Care (Coity Clinic)
- Main Operating Theatres and a purpose built Day Surgery Unit
- Purpose built Ophthalmology Unit (Day Surgery and Outpatient Department)
- Bedded Intensive Care and 4 High Dependency Unit Beds
- Coronary Care beds.
- Short Stay Unit (Patient Hotel)
- Full range of diagnostic and support services
- Palliative Care Centre - Y Bwythyn Newydd
- Private Clinic/Inpatient facilitites (Bridgend Clinic)
- Surgiocal Materials Testing laboratory
- Bridgend Cochlear Implant Programme
- Discharge Lounge
- Y Bwythyn Newydd Palliative Care Centre
- Postgraduate Centre
The Hospital has an excellent Postgraduate Centre which incorporates a library, lecture theatre and seminar facilities. Bridgend Clinic There is a dedicated private patient's unit (Bridgend Clinic) located within the hospital which has inpatient beds and outpatient facilities.
A number of consultants working in the Trust along with visiting consultants, provide private services, in a pleasant environment. Bridgend Clinic has all the benefits of being part of a large District Hospital, whilst maintaining privacy in elegant surroundings.
Given that the Bridgend Clinic is a non-profit making organisation, all of the additional income generated by the facility is ploughed back into the services provided by the Princess of Wales Hospital for the benefit of the local community. Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory The Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory (SMTL) (www.smtl.co.uk) has established itself as a leader within a very specialised field, attracting commercial clients in addition to NHS work.
The laboratory was the first in the UK to gain NAMAS accreditation for the testing of medical disposables and dressings, and is well known for its research into, and development of, the use of maggots in the healing of wounds. The SMTL was awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise in 2001/02.
* this profile text was provided by Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health BoardCategory:
NHS HospitalsHospital Address:
Coity Road, Bridgend, WalesPostal Code :
CF31 1RQPhone Number :
01656 752 752