Here you can get country wise and city wise complete list of Hospitals in Portsmouth - England in United Kingdom. We have provided Top Hospitals list of Portsmouth - England in United Kingdom (UK) here along with their address and Phone number. ( Page# 1 )
Queen Alexandra Hospital
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust has now opened its state-of-the-art Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham. Ten years in the planning, the brand new hospital is now open and treating patients in its world-class facilities. With more beds and the latest medical technology the hospital is on the cutting edge of medicine, providing better care for patients. All acutely ill patients who would previously have been cared for at St Mary's Hospital and Royal Hospital Haslar will now be treated at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Services include Emergency Department, all Surgical and Medical Emergencies, Orthopaedics & Trauma, Critical Care, Cardiology, Maternity, Medicine for Older People, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Respiratory, Haematology, Renal, Head & Neck and Ophthalmology.
The new hospital facilities include:
- 1400 inpatient beds
- 27 operating theatres
- State of the art diagnostic imaging facilities, including Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computerised Tomography scanners
- A maximum of four inpatient beds in a room
- A third of the beds in the newly built part of the hospital are single bed rooms with en-suite facilities.
- The space around each bed in the newly built part of the hospital is 10 per cent bigger than the current standard, which is easier for cleaning and infection prevention and control.
- Four linear acceleration units for radiotherapy
- A helicopter landing pad enabling emergency patients to arrive by Hampshire Air Ambulance helicopter
The Trust works closely with the Universities of Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth where a number of staff hold academic appointments. It takes pride in its excellent, nationally recognised contribution to research and development.
Our healthcare staff are committed to providing the best possible quality of care for our patients. The Trust is very keen to support them by providing excellent training, whatever their job. All staff have access to a library and on-line learning facilities. The Trust has good working relationships with a range of local authorities, organisations and patient representative groups and is keen to work more closely with the community to help improve the health and lifestyle of all local people.
The Facilities Management arm of our partner Carillion, provides the non-clinical services such as cleaning, portering, catering and building maintenance to the Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Our vision is to be recognised as a world-class hospital, leading the field through innovative healthcare solutions focused on the best outcome for our patients delivered in a safe, caring and inspiring environment. Our aim is to provide the best care, by the best people in the best hospital.
* this profile text was provided by Portsmouth Hospitals NHS TrustCategory:
NHS HospitalsHospital Address:
Southwick Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, EnglandPostal Code :
PO6 3LYPhone Number :
02392 286 000